The Twin Turbo 2600 hp Street Legal 1963 Corvette
This car is now known all over the world as “The World’s Fastest Street Legal Corvette”. Here is what has been done, including updates, over the 5+ years since its completion.
- Certified NHRA and IHRA Pro Mod – 7.50 ET and faster featuring a chromoly double frame rail chassis by Lowdown Hotrods.
- Mike Moran 427 small block Chevy twin turbo engine producing 2600 HP and 1700 Ft Lbs torque. (The car has clocked times at 6.75 at 200 mph in Street trim, but will go faster.)
- 6 second ET cars are capable of reaching 0-60 mph in one second.
- MRE custom sheet metal intake manifold with billet runners
- Dart ‘Little Chief’ heads
- Custom ‘step’ headers by Larson Race Cars
- Dart ‘Billet’ block
- Twin 88MM Garrett Turbos
- Front drive Jesel distributor with Mag 44 cap custom designed by Mike Moran
- Big Stuff ‘Gen 3′ Pro SEFI
- Big Stuff traction control
- Racepak in dash UDX digital display
- Racepak V300 computer
- 9″ AFT triple disc clutch
- Trick Titanium bellhousing
- Lenco CS2 4 speed
- Custom 9 1/2″ ford sheetmetal funny car style ‘floater’ rear
- Strange axles and disc brakes
- Unique custom 8-gallon ice cooler tank located between rear tubs w/marine bilge pump that circulates ice water thru the chassis to the intercooler and back.
- Pressurized CO2 bottle to launch parachutes quickly into good air
- Powermaster custom made 210 amp alternator that produces 18.5 volts
- High volume Weldon fuel pump with one of a kind voltage reducer to slow pump down for street driving
- 16-volt battery system
- Car can still get 10-15 mph on pump gas!